- Training Organizations for Certified Practitioners in EnMS Announced
- DOE Launches Webcast Series on ISO 50001 Implementation Steps and DOE eGuide
- ANSI/MSE 50021 Standard on SEP Program Requirements is Available
- Certified Practitioner in Energy Management Systems (EnMS) Training and Exam Opportunities Available
Superior Energy Performancecm is a certification program that provides industrial facilities with a transparent, globally accepted system for verifying energy performance improvements and management practices. Superior Energy Performance enables facilities to achieve continual improvements in energy efficiency while boosting competitiveness. It is anticipated that Superior Energy Performance will launch nationally in 2013.
A central element of Superior Energy Performance is implementation of the global energy management standard, ISO 50001, with additional requirements to achieve and document energy performance improvements. Facilities that achieve Superior Energy Performance certification obtain ANSI-ANAB accredited third-party verification for meeting program requirements.
- Energy Management Standard, ISO 50001: This globally accepted framework for managing energy—including all aspects of procurement and use—is available for purchase from the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
- SEP Industrial Measurement and Verification Protocol: Methodology to verify energy performance improvement and conformance to ISO 50001 at industrial facilities.
- Certified Practitioners: Professionals certified to assist plants in implementing ISO 50001, conduct system assessments, or verify conformance to SEP requirements for certification.
- System Assessment Standards: ASME standards provide guidance on conducting energy-efficiency assessments in specific energy systems—pumps, process heating, steam, and compressed air.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) developed Superior Energy Performance in close collaboration with the U.S. Council for Energy-Efficient Manufacturing (U.S. CEEM), a partnership that brings together experts from industrial companies, standards authorities, federal agencies, and national laboratories. DOE partnered with several states to conduct field tests with industrial companies to ensure that Superior Energy Performance offers value and flexibility for facilities of varying sizes and experience with energy management. These facilities are among the first to achieve certification.
Superior Energy Performance is currently under development. Please return to this website or register your contact information with us to receive program updates.